Please follow the steps below to define a new size standard template. Once defined, these
templates can be used to size (= assign a fragment base length to a peak) new samples.
1. In the main window:
· Import a trace file (e.g. a FSA-file) or image file containing fingerprint profiles.
· The best way now is to hide all color channels except the size standard channel by clicking
on the Show/Hide Color Channel control in the tool bar.
· Select the sample with a right mouse click.
· Analyse the file: Click the Analyse Selected Samples button.
2. In the "Sample Analysis window"
· Try to click the "Set default values" button and check whether all size standard peaks were
detected. They should now have a pointer triangle at the top of the lane. The pointer trianle is
not filled which indicates that a peak has been detected but a size has not yet been assigned.
· Please make sure that the parameters are so, that all standard peaks are detected. If anly a
few or none peak was detected change the parameters (e.g.. decrease the minimum peak
· Now click the "New standard" button.
3. In the "Create a new size standard template" window:
· Choose the right color channel (top right section) if not already done.
· Type in at least a "Size Standard Name" in the Standard Definition table.
· The image in the lower region of the window should show the size standard trace and the
· You can now either click on individual peaks in the image and the software will select the
appropriate cell in the table to the left or click into a table cell to select a peak. Type in the
right size. If done for all peaks that are "real size standard peaks" click on the OK button.
4. Back´in the Sample Analysis window
· You can now select the newly defined standard in the drop down list in the
· lower part of the window.
· Choose the color channel from the drop down list if not already adjusted.