FAQ: Can you give me a short protocol how to analyse my fingerprint
Previous Top Next
This is a very short protocol how to detect the peaks in DNA fingerprints:
1. Select the samples with the right mouse button.
2. Click ANALYZE icon.
3. Click SET DEFAULT VALUES button.
4. Select the right size standard definiton or define a new size standard template.
5. Choose the color channel containing the size standard.
6. Click 'Match Standard' button.
After data analysis, make sure that the size standard peaks of all samples are aligned. To do so
view the samples scaled by base sizes! If the size standard peaks are not aligned you need to
optimize the peak detection parameters for those samples that were not aligned properly.